The Endurance Capital
Auburn is home to some of the most challenging and historic endurance events on the planet. The vast network of roads and trails, as well as the rivers and lakes, in the Auburn State Park and surrounding Sierra Nevada make Auburn a destination for endurance athletes of all levels and interests.
In November, 2004 the Auburn City Council recognized the task force responsible for working with the Endurance Capital theme as an official City of Auburn Commission. This enthusiastic group works diligently to determine ways to use the “Endurance Capital of the World” theme to enhance the well-being of the Auburn community by supporting and assisting related endurance activities.
The Endurance Capital Committee is a committee of seven members appointed by the City Council. It was established to:
• Showcase endurance and outdoor sporting activities taking place in and around Auburn.
• Promote Auburn as a destination point for endurance and outdoor activities.
• Promote a healthier lifestyle.
• Strengthen existing events and attracting new events to Auburn
• Assist with the overall economic well being of Auburn.